2020 U-Pick Update
The currant and gooseberry picking season is rapidly approaching. We expect to begin picking in a couple of weeks. Both black and red currants will be available for u-pick, black currants will also be available pre-picked. Gooseberries will be available pre-picked only due to sharp thorns. The price for u-pick black and red currants will be $3.50 per pound, pre-picked - $6 per pound. Gooseberries will be $7 per pound. U-pick dates and times will be posted soon on our FB page at www.facebook.com/coonsberryfarm
When you visit the farm this summer please consider the following:
- If you bring your children with you they will have to stay by your side the whole time. Children will not be allowed to roam free;
- Please be considerate of others and stay at least 6 feet away from other people. There's plenty of room on the farm to easily do that;
- We do not require you to wear a mask or gloves but feel free to do so if you feel it gives you a layer of protection;
- If you are paying with cash, no small change will be given. We will round it up to the nearest dollar;
- If you are paying with a credit card, there will be a convenience fee of 3.5%;
- We will not be taking personal checks as a form of payment;
This year we will bring our black currants to two Michigan locations - Oakland County Farmers Market in Waterford and St.Vladimir Orthodox Church in Dexter (Ann Arbor area). We are also expanding our black currant sales to the Chicago area (Park Ridge Farmers Market). If you cannot make it to the farm but would still like some black currants, visit us at www.coonsberryfarm.com/farm-markets to get our farmers market schedule, pricing and to pre-order. We strongly encourage you to pre-order your berries to ensure availability!
Last but not least, some of you may know that we also own a winery, Currant Mist. Check us out at www.currantmist.com or www.facebook.com/currantmist. It is located within a 5-minute drive of the farm. We make several different wines from the berries grown on our farm and some other Michigan farms. We will be happy to see you at our tasting room after you are done picking berries!