2021 Black and Red Currant Season
2021 u-pick season is starting! We will be opening up the farm for you on July 7th for black currants.
Red currants are running a few day behind. All the gooseberries have been picked already, sorry. We cannot predict how long the season will last. Therefore, please make sure the berries are still available for picking by calling (989) 615-4765 or checking our Facebook page for updates. Our business hours for this week will be 9 am to 6 pm. Next week's hours will be posted on our Facebook page later on.
Please be advised that the PARKING RULES HAVE CHANGED! We will no longer allow driving through our yard and parking by the old barn. You will need to park in the new parking area on the other side of the creek and walk across the gravel bridge to the old barn to check in. We will have signage to direct you to the new parking area. We appreciate your cooperation in our attempts to keep our farm beautiful.
Another change we are introducing this year: YOU NEED TO BRING YOUR OWN CONTAINERS TO PICK BERRIES INTO OR PURCHASE A BOX FROM US. The boxes are 25 or 50 cents each depending on the size. We will no longer provide picking buckets!
Please consider the following when planning your berry picking trip: 1) bring a hat and sunscreen, bug spray, plenty of water to drink, wear closed toe shoes and a long sleeve shirt;
2) a folding stool may come in handy when picking berries;
3) u-pick currants will be priced at $4.00/pound this year. No personal checks please. Cash preferred. There will be a 3.5% fee added to all credit/debit card transactions;
4) please keep in mind, if you are bringing your children for berry picking, they MUST STAY WITH YOU AND BE UNDER YOUR SUPERVISION AT ALL TIMES! Anyone who allows their children to roam free will be asked to leave. A farm can be a dangerous place for a child, please keep your children safe by keeping them close to you the whole time you are at the farm!
5) if you know you are allergic to bee stings, please bring your epi-pen with you. There are lots of various bees and wasps on the farm;
6) Our winery is now located at the farm. Wine tasting will be available by request.
See you all at the farm and winery!