2020 Black and Red Currant U-Pick
2020 u-pick season is starting next week! We will be opening up the farm for you on July 10th for black currants and July 17th for red currants. There will be NO GOOSEBERRIES, sorry. The season will last three to four weeks depending on the weather. We will be open for berry picking Friday through Sunday 9 am to 3 pm. We will be closed for visitors Monday through Thursday.
Please consider the following when planning your berry picking trip: 1) bring a hat and sunscreen, bug spray, plenty of water to drink, wear closed toe shoes and a long sleeve shirt;
2) we'll have buckets for you to pick into, but please bring a container to take your berries home in;
3) a folding stool may come in handy when picking berries;
4) the berries will be priced at $3.50/pound this year. No personal checks please. Cash preferred. No small change will be given. We will round it up to the nearest dollar. There will be a 3.5% fee added to all credit/debit card transactions;
5) We will have pre-picked black currants available for purchase at the farm starting July 17th. The price for pre-picked black currants is $6/pound. We will NOT have pre-picked red currants;
6) please keep in mind, if you are bringing your children for berry picking, they MUST STAY WITH YOU AND BE UNDER YOUR SUPERVISION AT ALL TIMES! A farm can be a dangerous place for a child, please keep your children safe by keeping them close to you the whole time you are at the farm!
7) if you know you are allergic to bee stings, please bring your epi-pen with you. There are lots of various bees and wasps on the farm;
8) Please be considerate of others and stay at least 6 feet away from other people. There's plenty of room on the farm to easily do that;
9) We do not require you to wear a mask or gloves but feel free to do so if you feel it gives you an additional layer of protection.
Our wine tasting room that is located just a short 5 minute drive from the farm will be open for you to come in, cool down from being in the sun, and taste some delicious wines made from our berries!
See you all at the farm and winery!